Tuesday, January 22, 2008
RSS bandit is an open source RSS/ATOM reader for windows, it is very simple to use and comes with a bunch of preloaded feed so you can start browsing right away,RSS bandit is great reader only available for windows. a useful recommendation.
Some of its features:
* RSS Bandit now translated to the following languages; English, French, German, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Serbian and Polish. If the language configured on your machine is one of these then all text should appear in your target language (see also Supported Language Matrix).
* Atom 1.0 Support, all the various RSS feed formats
* Users can specify a public NNTP server such as news.microsoft.com and subscribe to newsgroups on that server. Users can also respond to newsgroup posts as well as create new posts. Permalinks in a newsgroup post point to the post on Google Groups.
* Users can synchronize the state of their subscribed feeds (read/unread posts, new/deleted feeds, etc) between RSS Bandit and their account on Newsgator Online. This allows the best of both worlds where one can use both a rich desktop client (RSS Bandit) and a web-based RSS reader (Newsgator Online) without having to worry about marking things as read in both places.
* Instances of RSS Bandit can be synchronized using WebDAV, FTP or a file share. The data is transfered in a ZIP file containing information about the current state of search folders, flagged items, replied items, subscribed feeds and read/unread messages. This is extremely useful for people who use RSS Bandit on different computers like from home and work or from school and home.
* Support for creating nested categories of feeds.
Get it at http://www.rssbandit.org/