Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Audioshell is an ID3 tag editor extension for windows, after installation it will add several options for editing the tags of audio files in the properties screen like adding the artist, song title, album,etc. plus it will add several columns in the "details" view of the windows explorer like Year, genre, composer, encoded by, Etc.
Audioshell may not be packed with features like other id tagging programs but its useful if you just wanna edit some tags without running a program.
Audio shell is a free download for windows.
Supported files and tags formats:
* mp3 (all ID3 tag versions)
* wma, asf and wmv (including DRM protected files)
* Apple iTunes and iPod aac (m4a, m4b, m4v and m4p) and mp4 files
* ogg, flac (vorbis comment tags)
* mpc, mp+ (APE/APEv2 tags)
* monkey's audio (APE/APEv2 tags)
* wav pack (APE/APEv2 tags)
* optim frog (APE/APEv2 tags)
* wav (ID3v2 tag in 'tag ' RIFF chunk)
AudioShell includes the following language translations:
* Chinese Simplified
get it at http://www.softpointer.com/AudioShell.htm