Sunday, January 18, 2009
Comparer is files compare application which uses Total Commander's WDX plugins.
* possibility to export viewed details to CSV, HTML or BMP files;
* possibility to use external HTML and CSS files for better details export;
* external comparing applications can be configured on separate tab;
* thumbnails support for various file types (thanks to WLX plugins);
* view modes: either all details view or differences only;
* debug mode (view empty) - allows to see plugins' names for which information cannot be extracted;
* drag'n'drop support for adding new plugins - drop WDX file into proper area and you will get files extensions suggestion (if plugin supports it);
Like i said i am going to take a look at some programs from the Nany 2009 competition that i found interesting and today i am taking a look at Comparer. Like the name says this program will allow you to compare 2 files viewing their attributes side by side, just drag and drop them into the program window, if files have different attributes they will be colored red on the hand if they are the same they will be black. By default comparer will not display any info that you couldn't get from the Windows explorer itself however you can download a bunch of plugins that highly enhance Comparer's power. Using plugins Comparer can display information about music tags, image details (height, width and more) , HTML files, Word files, Excel files, Open office files and even Firefox extensions (XPI files) In conclusion if you need to compare files then look no further and use Comparer. Comparer is available for all Windows versions and requires the .NET 2.0 framework.
Get it at http://fenixproductions.dcmembers.com/
NANY 2009 page
List of working plugins