This is a free application launcher, or dock, for Windows. It allows organizing your shortcuts and folders into a convenient dock. The app is open source, which means that it's free and will remain so. It is entirely customizable and is available in multiple languages.
- Support for plugins
- Support for multiple skins (two included)
- Resizable dock, which allows displaying the icons both horizontally or vertically.
- Three sizes of icons: Small, large and extra-large
- Support for custom icons
- 'Wizard' to automatically imports shortcuts from various locations
- Organize the icons by drag & dropping them
- 'Multi-launch' functionality
- Regroup multiple shortcuts within one menu
- Hot key to hide / show the dock
- Special items to provide extra functionalities: hide / show the desktop, Recycle Bin, Control Panel, etc.
- Support for multiple languages
- Minimize to tray icon functionality
Appetizer is a small, portable and simple open source application dock that stands from the pack in several ways, for starters Appetizer can quickly import shortcut links from the Windows quick launch toolbar, the Windows start menu and even from the portableapps.com dock launcher. You can also group the various shortcuts in a single menu for a more organized look, add special items like "My PC" into the dock, snap the dock into the borders of the screen by simply moving it around, use a hotkey to show/hide the dock and run several programs at Appetizer's startup which is handy when carrying the app in a portable device. Besides all that the program supports custom skins and plugins for extra functionality, tough the plugin section is kinda low right now. Appetizer used between 7 to 10MB in my system which is a good number in my opinion. In conclusion i feel that Appetizer is a pretty good application dock for everyday use specially if you plan on using it from your portable device, It's simplicity and easy to use interface won me over, it's definitely worth a look. Available for Windows 2000/XP/Vista.
Get it at http://app.etizer.org/