Small, simple audio player (Freeware)
- Supported audio formats (standard): AIFF, AIF, AIFC, MP1, MP2, MP3, OGA, OGG, WAV, MO3, XM, MOD, S3M, IT, MTM.
- Supported audio formats (w/ plugins): FLAC, WMA, WMP, WMV, ASF, MID, MIDI, RMI, KAR, WV, WVC, AAC, MP4, M4A, M4B, M4P, APE, AC3, SPX, TTA, OFR, MPC, ALAC.
- Basic freeDB support for audio CD track titles.
- Support for internet radio streams.
- Supported tag formats:
OGG/FLAC Vorbis comments
APE, OFR, MPC, AAC (APE tags)
MP4/ALAC/AAC (not available under 9x/ME)
- WinampAPI support for external control and display.
- Commandline parameters for external control (/play, /stop, /prev, /next, /mute).
- Extremely customizable hotkey system.
- Basic custom string formatting (see Options screenshot).
- Basic album art support (folder.jpg)
- Horizontal/vertical "minibar" controls (see main screenshot).
- Toaster style popup.
- Play modes (Play file, play list, repeat file, repeat list, random, shuffle).
- Simple tag editing (not available under 9x/ME).
- last.fm support.
If you find most music players these days are full of features that you don't need then Trout is worth a look. This portable music player has a straightforward interface and just the right amount of features that that don't get in the way of listening to your tunes, some of Trout's highlights include Last.fm support, slick toaster popups on song changes, customizable hotkeys and many more things that i think you would like. Trout doesn't use many resources of your computer, it's simple and gets the job done, so for all of these reasons i suggest you give it a chance, i did and now Trout is my main music player. Available for all Windows versions.
Get it at http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?topic=16157.0